Always prepared.

 Recently I was waiting for my grocery order through checklist when I noticed the guy next to me having a hat that said something about Christ on it,  through our opened car windows I said how I loved what it had to say!  

He smiled big and responded in a positive way.      After speaking for a few more moments,  His grocery order came,  but before he drove away he looked at me and said "Would you like a Bible?    I have many with me!"    I told him that I had a Bible of my own already,  but thanked him very much for his offer.  

  I have thought of this man several times since this day.  

  How precious it was that he was planting seeds of Christ with his hat,  so little- yet eyecatching,  not a word was needed.     And he was prepared in a moment's notice to give someone a Bible.     It touched my heart and was such an example to me!  

  The Bible tells us to always be prepared to share his word,    

  2 Timothy 4:2, KJV: "Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine." 

 2 Timothy 4:2, NIV: "Preach the word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage--with great patience and careful instruction."

1 Peter 3:15, NIV: "But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,"

1 Peter 3:15, KJV: "But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:" 

So I decided I was going to do just that.    Be prepared,  in and out of season. 

   I ordered a bunch of Bibles and I now have a pile ready.       Even if I just find good places to leave them,   I believe God can use simple things for his glory.      He will bring the opportunities,  I just need to obey.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

1st day of second grade!

 She's excited, nervous , and feeling all the emotions,  but is braving it like a champ!       And daddy got to take a picture with her!...