4 dozen cup cakes.

  It was a stretch.    Out of my comfort zone,   But in transparency and sharing how I'm growing in the Lord I want let you know that I did it!  

 A little background,   A dear brother in Christ died last week and went to spend eternity with our Father in Heaven.    I reached out to the ladies who where were in charge of putting on the luncheon after the funeral service,  asking if I could help in any way.    They responded that they needed cup cakes!   

.... I can do that I thought?   Cant be that hard right?     I asked how many they needed and they said 4 dozen.  

 I got right to work.   I whipped up several batches of batter,   poured them in cup cake paper cups,   cooled them,  and covered with chocolate frosting,    and decorated them a bit.    I was impressed with how easy it was and it felt so good to help out.   

 I share this to say,  if you feel a prompting from the Lord to do something or serve in any way,  do it.  You will be blessed.  

   When the Lord first laid this on my heart it was strong in the form of hosting and serving my fellow believers.   I honestly thought it would entail having friends over for dinner and being more social.      And believe it or not,   that idea was hard for me.     I REALLY struggle to have people over,   hosting actually gives me anxiety even tho I love being around people.      But the more the year has gone,   the opportunities to serve in other ways has shown itself real.   And the doors to make meals,  and serve my fellow brothers and sister in Christ has been one that only the Lord and his prompting could open   He has shown me exactly what's he's meant by serving others.    

  Never in my life have I thought to reach out to offer help to a funeral luncheon.    And now they have me on their "call when extra food is needed" list!    And I'm soo blessed to be on that list!   It almost chokes me up!   

 I have a long way to go to be the Woman God truly desires of me,  but in little steps I'm growing every day.     His guiding and direction is always there.    I encourage you to ask him how you can serve and minister to others.   You and them will only be blessed!


No comments:

Post a Comment

1st day of second grade!

 She's excited, nervous , and feeling all the emotions,  but is braving it like a champ!       And daddy got to take a picture with her!...