A New Tradition

    Our Church/ School hosted a harvest festival On Halloween night with pumpkin carving, Bounce houses,   bon fires,  Donuts and cider,  and trunk or treat,  They used it as a safe alternative,   and an outreach to the local area.      It was such a fun family time.    So many locals came out to attend and the turnout was great.   

   I wanted to go a step further and try to plant a seed of Christ into each child that came through and give something besides candy and more beneficial to each little one.  

  After some thought,  I decided on pencils!     I found bulk packs of pencils on the internet,   and each one of them had something about Jesus on them!     It was perfect!    What kid can't use a pencil?   What parents gonna throw it away like they might candy. and if a child uses it daily at school,   Every day they might read the message that "Jesus love you" 

  I could think of nothing better,  sharing his love and planting seeds of him.   

  So I ordered a couple hundred!     I got teased that I was the mom that would take candy and sugar out of Halloween but honestly,  I can't tell you what a good positive response I got from parents and kids alike that came to my "trunk".     Parents were actually happy to see something useful and some kids even asked if they could have more than one!      The kids with allergies were excited as well and their parents said "now this is something you can have"!!!     

  Matt started the night calling me the pencil lady ,  and by the end said they were actually a huge hit!    

   Can every parent pass out pencils on holloween ?   Prolly not, It would kinda ruin the point of the night, but... Im glad I did.    I felt really good about my decision and plan to do even more next year,   Maybe a pencil,  eraser,  and a piece of candy?         If we each did something small to plant the seeds of Christ in the Life of a child,   Imagine the difference we could make.     You never know who we could be handing that pencil to and what Jesus can do with it.     He's in the business of making warriors for him,   He just asks us to do our part.   

  As Christians one of our only jobs in this world is to tell people about Jesus,  to be a constant witness of him and share of his goodness.    If a simple pencil passed out on Halloween that shares about Him,    The extra expense is so worth it.    I challenge you to consider it for next year.    

  Our Future generations are depending on it.   



No comments:

Post a Comment

1st day of second grade!

 She's excited, nervous , and feeling all the emotions,  but is braving it like a champ!       And daddy got to take a picture with her!...