Listening to his voice

One of my Daughters Teachers at School had a surgery to get a growth removed,    She's a wonderful lady,    full of kindness,  a follower of Christ ,  and a mommy to 4 children.  
 I felt led to take her a meal and hopefully bring a smile in the midst of her rough time.

Upon making the meal,   I bought and cooked up enough ingredients to make myself dinner too and as I dished it up into trays to bake,  I realized I had made more than 2 meals worth,   indeed,  there were 3 meals worth-
I started to think of all the people at school that I know and coming up with names of who I could bless with a surprise dinner.    Everyone that came to my mind,   just didnt sit right.     I didnt feel like it was Gods choice.
So I stopped thinking about it and said "God will show me who he wants me to bless" and I just simple went about making the 3rd meal,  trusting him and his timing.

Later in the day,   I randomly reached out to a friend with a quick text of "How ya doing?" ,
When I messaged her I was in no way thinking of the extra meal.  I was just simply reaching out.

Her response to my text was
 "Ugh,  Not good.    We are in quarantine,   and so sick.    Ive got one kid puking,  and one with Croup,   and my stomach is killing me!"

As soon as I read this message.   I instantly knew ,  this was the person.   this was the person the extra meal was made for.     God knew she needed a caring friend and I felt a peace.

So I scooped Brooklynn up and we drove to her house,   I pulled in the driveway,  jumped out and put the meal on her porch and drove away.  

I texted her and said "For those well enough to eat,   Dinner is served"

Of course she was blessed and was very thankful.

But the point of this story is.   God knows before we ever do.  

He knows the needs of us and those around us.   He meets those needs through others ,  even in ways of a meal made for another family and an abundance made to bless more.     
I had no idea this friend was struggling,   But God knew.   God has me send that text,   He had me make the extra food,  and in HIS timing,   He showed me exactly what he wanted me to do.  
I just needed to trust and listen.

It was such a good reminder to myself that If I put it all in his hands,  He will guide me,    In the big ways, and the little ways.  
He is GOOD.




 

No comments:

Post a Comment

1st day of second grade!

 She's excited, nervous , and feeling all the emotions,  but is braving it like a champ!       And daddy got to take a picture with her!...