Overnight French toast.

Learning to plan my meals,  and time them out wisely has really helped with always having good foods on hand,  and Healthy meals to feed my peoples without stressing out.

Mornings around here are busy,   Especially the days where both kids are in school and I work in the  lunch room all day,   All of us being out the door before 8 am,   with hair done,  teeth brushed,   everyone dressed,   breakfast served,  waters/coffee's/snacks packed,  homework collected and anything else part of the days routine doesn't always go smoothly.  

Overnight French toast has become life saver!  Its a great way of getting my kids a hearty breakfast but also saving time with only a tiny bit of meal prep required. 

I used my homemade bread,  slicing it up in think pieces,   whisk some eggs up with a dash of cinammon and place the sliced bread in a baking sheet and pour the egg mixture over it.    I then cover it and place it in the fridge to soak overnight!   Its takes minutes to do,   but Oh saves ups a half hour of time in the mornings!

When we get up the next day,  I throw a pan on the stove,   slightly grease it,  and throw in the slices of eggy bread to cook up on low,  while I quickly do other things in the kitchen!  And They come out so good,  and the kids get a protein filled start to their day!  

Its a learning process and Im having to think outside the box,  but the extra steps,  are actually SAVING me a ton of time,  and making life simpler in the moments I need it to be.  
      

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

1st day of second grade!

 She's excited, nervous , and feeling all the emotions,  but is braving it like a champ!       And daddy got to take a picture with her!...