Tummy bugs 

 To sudden around-the-clock care for your puppy dog.     It's been a long long week and NOT the spring break my kids envisioned.    

  A couple days ago our Daisy got really sick.    I'll spare you all the details,    but at one point,  she was going to die.      Legit.    No exaggeration.

 She has required around-the-clock,  every hour care,  vet visits, and the thoughts of possibly having to put her down.  It has been a horrible 48 hours.   Syringe forcing liquids and supplements,   setting alarm clocks all night to administer nutrition, and cleaning up so much puke and rancid smelling bloody poop

  We don't know what happened,   or why she got sick,   but it happened fast.  The Vet says she is exhibiting all symptoms of being poisoned or getting into something really really harmful.    

  As much as we rack our brains,  We have no idea what she got into.     she is always with us,  and we have a home that has little to no chemicals.    

  Regardless,  we have a sick sick puppy.   

  All 3 of us (Brooklynn's a bit young for this ) and sharing the load of syringing her,   watching her,   petting her, and just loving on her.    

  And we have prayed.     On the way to the vet,  I prayed aloud to my Father in Heaven so my children could hear.  I prayed that he would minister healing to our dog.  I was reminded of the Bible verse where it's shared that God even cares for the sparrows,   and was given great comfort that he cares for my Daisy too.    And He loves us and cares for what is important to us.    So when we go to him,  over the healing of our dog,  I know he listens and cares.    

 48 hours later,   and with so much care,   We are looking at a much healthier puppy.    Today we got her to eat some boiled chicken,    she is drinking her supplement without AS MUCH force,    the bloody throw-up has stopped,   and the runs are now a dark thick red,   in very small amounts.

So much improvement.    

We have a long way to go,   and more vet appointments today,    but we are feeling hopeful.   

 I did reach out to a few friends who love our daisy,  and they have been so encouraging,    They have checked in,    I believe they have prayed,    and they have truly cared.   

  After hearing about our night and the very lack of sleep,   one of my dearest friends in the world stopped by and brought us a load of groceries,   she just wanted to help in our time of caring for our girl,  she brought a dinner, of chicken,  lettuce,  croutons, dressing,  chips, kale,  grapes, strawberries, bananas,  Pedialyte, snacks for my kids, and a coffee for me!      It was such a blessing and I felt so loved and cared for.     There are people who know,  Daisy isn't just our dog, she's our family <3.   




No comments:

Post a Comment

1st day of second grade!

 She's excited, nervous , and feeling all the emotions,  but is braving it like a champ!       And daddy got to take a picture with her!...