Spontaneousness.

NOT my thing,  at ALL.

I am a prepper.   I have to mentally prepare,   BUT I also struggle with commitment to things.    It's a big flaw of mine.    It actually causes me anxiety to be presented with something I have to commit to in the future,   but last-minute things make me overthink too.   
It's rough,  let me tell you.  

So when Ben was talking to a friend and suddenly they came up with this plan to try and get together THAT SAME AFTERNOON- I was like whoa!!   Hold up boy....

But the more he talked to his friend,  the more they got excited about these plans, and the further they proceeded,    Ben came to ask if they could please just come over for a few hours to hang out.  

My first mental response was "I need a week to prepare for this BEN!"   
but instead,   in my hopes to learn to be more spontaneous I responded with sure,   Tell them to come over this afternoon after chores and things are done

Ben was SO excited.    Ohmygosh!    Seeing the joy in his whole face made me realize how much he just needed it.

and honestly,  it wasn't that difficult for me.    We got all our stuff done and by the time their mom dropped them off.   I was able to sit and relax out back while watching them all play.    It ended up being a really nice afternoon.  We ordered pizza for dinner,   they played on water slides and swam in the pond and we even started a bonfire.  

by the time the parents came to get them,   they ended up sitting by the fire with us and we all just sat and talked for well over an hour.     Very pleasant afternoon!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

1st day of second grade!

 She's excited, nervous , and feeling all the emotions,  but is braving it like a champ!       And daddy got to take a picture with her!...