Yummies made from the Inlaws garden

The other day,  While Matt and Ben were busy doing "guys stuff",  Brooklynn and I stopped by the inlaws to grab some extra canning jars and while there they took us out to their garden and shared with us some fresh produce!    We came home with many Goodies,  one being fresh picked zucchini!     
  Now I won't lie.   No one in my family is a fan of zucchini,   As a matter of fact,  I usually have to sneak it into recipes,   and hide its evidence.      It's almost funny.   
But one way they'll eat it is in bread!   They actually request it and eat every last bite.   So when we plant our garden, we always plant a few zucchini plants just with the intention of bread!   Sadly our plants are NOT doing well this year and it looks like we may not get any of our produce.  So when Matt's parents were willing to share their bounty,   we did not turn it down!.    
 I looked up some new recipes,   and this one, in particular, caught my eye.      First,  anything that uses honey is a winner in my book,  and my family likes anything with cinnamon.  So this seemed like a safe bet!  
I whipped up several batches, using fresh duck eggs and only the honey portion of the recipe for sweetener, and using less than it called for.    It was a gamble,   but I was willing to take the chance. lol and wow.   They were SO GOOD.   My gracious!    SO GOOD.    Matt kept saying over and over how amazing it was,   and the next day my aunt came over and tried a piece and raved over it as well,  in fact, she kept going back and getting more slices!    That made me feel so good.   It's one thing to make your people happy,  but when others come over and love it too, that's pretty successful.   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

1st day of second grade!

 She's excited, nervous , and feeling all the emotions,  but is braving it like a champ!       And daddy got to take a picture with her!...