Hamburger buns.

 So the beginning of this year,   I made myself one goal.   

  Well.... several,   but one being,   I would NOT buy any store-bought bread or buns all year!   MY goal was to take the time and effort this year and challenge myself to fresh bread every week.      In doing so,  I would cut on grocery costs,    better my baking skills,  and always ensure I was feeding my family homemade and if possible,  organic breads.  And come on,  who doesn't LOVE the smell of fresh bread out of the oven,  no to mention the amazing taste of warm bread.

  The loaves of bread have been pretty easy,  I'm getting a hang of the kneading process and my loaves have been on average really good.     but hamburger buns,  well that's a different story.      The texture is different,   the recipes and kneading process is different and a whole new challenge.   

  but can I say,   I've rocked it with this recipe I found!!!!

  Oh my gosh,    I've made them several times in a row and I can't fail these!   They are soft,  fluffy,   and cut open to perfection EVERY TIME!     They are so good and make an amazing hamburger.     Matt raves on how good they are!

  And they are so easy,    I TRULY don't even see myself buying buns again!    I can make them in a couple hours (rising time) but only take a few minutes of actual work.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment

1st day of second grade!

 She's excited, nervous , and feeling all the emotions,  but is braving it like a champ!       And daddy got to take a picture with her!...