Homemade laundry soap.

   Now before you form an opinion,   Please know,  that Matt and I were skeptical.      VERY

    But after looking into it and reading up on all the pros and cons,  the pros FAR outweighed the cons,   and I told Matt to just let me TRY.   

  After sharing with him my findings,  and hearing my case on cost,   chemicals,  and more,     He Reluctantly agreed.  

 He teased me quite a bit as I made up my first batch,   and I told him I would give it some time to set,  as I had some store-bought laundry soap to use up first before I took the full leap.  

  After a week or two,  I started using the homemade detergent and a cup of white vinegar as my softener in each load,   I did NOT tell Matt when I started using the homemade soap,   I wanted to see if he would notice a difference,  good or bad,   and wanted true reactions/ thoughts. 

  A week or two goes by, and nothing is said by anyone,     BUT  I noticed,   how soft and fresh my clothes seemed,     I was truly quite pleased.

  Then out of the clear blue,   Matt sends me a text one afternoon while at work,  saying how much he liked the new laundry soap,  how clean,   good smelling, and fresh all of his clothes seemed!

  I WAS ECSTATIC!!!        Not only was I one step closer to going chemical-free in my home, but I was also saving TONS of money each month (well, let's be real,  as much laundry as we wash,   Im saving money EVERY DAY) AND my husband is on board and even encouraging me!  

  So,  Before sharing this with you,  I wanted to make sure it was real.    I wanted to give it an honest amount of time and give a fair assessment.       As of now,  We have been using the homemade with vinegar for at least a month.  or more.     

   And I highly recommend it.       

  It's so easy to do,   makes 5 gallons at a time,  Ends up being less than .01 cent a load (SERIOUS!  you read that right!), and is such an easy way to rid your household of chemicals.     *Cause remember,    not everything is about what goes in the body,    what goes ON the body is truly just as important!  

  There's lots of good "How To's" out there but this one is what I choose,    Homemade laundry soap.    

   

No comments:

Post a Comment

1st day of second grade!

 She's excited, nervous , and feeling all the emotions,  but is braving it like a champ!       And daddy got to take a picture with her!...