So,   I had a great conversation with Bens Principle.  

  She met me at my car and at first, we were just talking about our morning and life in general,     After a while she looking at me with a serious face and said "I don't know what you've done differently,  but lately Ben is a different kid?   He's focused in class and even going above and beyond with his assignments.    He has an essay to write,  where he has to choose any person (past, present,  or fictional) and write what you would do if you could spend a day with that person.    He chooses Einstein,  and asked if he could spend a week with him in the essay cause a day wasn't long enough!"   

  I looked at her honestly,  and said: "we went completely off not sugar again?"   She looked at me shocked and gave a "wow??!?" is that really it?? look?

 I said " I know it seems mute,   but honestly.  We took all sugars away again,   We had gotten a bit lenient about it with the holidays,  and such,  but recently realized we needed to get pretty strict again."

 She was kinda shocked,  but couldn't argue that maybe it is working! 

 I left her feeling good. 

The truth is,  It's been a long lonely road dealing with Ben and the pressure to put him on Meds comes from all different directions.     Teachers and others mention so often that meds would "fix everything",    and to"just give him a couple pills!"   

 But until the Lord shows us differently,    It's not how we feel led at all.      

 So hearing the principle say she see's improvement was such an encouragement.  

God is Good!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

1st day of second grade!

 She's excited, nervous , and feeling all the emotions,  but is braving it like a champ!       And daddy got to take a picture with her!...