Big sales.

 I always try to think of ways to take advantage,  stock up to avoid paying higher prices later,   and make good use of them.  

 So when strawberries were on a huge sale,    I bought them!      We use so many strawberries around here!    

 The kids make fruit smoothies almost daily,   using bananas,  strawberries,  oat milk,  homemade yogurt, and fresh raw spinach.    So healthy and loaded with goodness!  So we froze about 6-gallon bags full just for this purpose alone!   

  One of Bens's favorite foods is strawberry jam on toast or PP&J sandwiches,   But being SO loaded with sugar, it's always on his "do not eat " list,     So I decided to bless him and make him up a couple of batches, sweetening them with honey.   

  It was my first go at canning in a bit,   and it's been a couple years since making jam,  so it took a minute to get my mind in the right place,   but after I collect my needed materials and courage,   I whipped up a few batches!        

 I was really proud of myself,   and so please when they all set perfectly and sealed!      Ben was so happy, and several jars have already been used up!     I'm know what I'll be doing when strawberry picking season is here!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

1st day of second grade!

 She's excited, nervous , and feeling all the emotions,  but is braving it like a champ!       And daddy got to take a picture with her!...