Hard working kids right here!

My Kid's principal called the other day and after a minute of greetings,   She proceeded to ask if Ben was busy for the day and if there was any way he could come to the school to help with some odd jobs.    They were moving some classrooms around and needed a strong boy!   They said he could bring a friend to help and work together!     I was happy to offer him as a help and thrilled that he could be a blessing!

When I told Ben of her call,  he didn't hesitate!    He jumped right up and called one of his best friends Ella!     She also didn't hesitate,  I drove both kids over to the school around 11am,  And They worked till about 4ish in the afternoon.   

When I got to the school to pick them back up,    I got nothing but positive words about how strong and hard workers they both were.   They worked so hard and didn't complain!    I was so proud of my son and his friend.     So proud that he is a hard worker,   but also that he has friends that are willing to do work with him and have such good character!     He's got a good circle.
Moments like this make me feel that I haven't totally failed at this parenting thing!  

 After leaving the school,   I brought Ella back to our house for dinner, and the kids got to take a refreshing dive into the pond and do some swimming.   They earned it!     

No comments:

Post a Comment

1st day of second grade!

 She's excited, nervous , and feeling all the emotions,  but is braving it like a champ!       And daddy got to take a picture with her!...